I love this cute little card, adapted from an idea from Kathy R. I just threw it together, as I was trying to come up with a Halloween card for next month, so it's not perfected yet. The three little ghouls are from the Stampin' Up retired Hey, Ghoul Friend set. Cardstock used was Lovely Lilac, Pumpkin Pie, and Kraft. Inks are Pumpkin Pie, Almost Amethyst, Mellow Moss Stampin' Write markers, and Whisper White craft ink pad. The alphabet stamps are from the Well Worn set.
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Here's my second attempt at getting the white more bright, using embossing this time rather than just white craft ink. I prefer the look with the "BOO" in embossed white, but I'll stick with the black ink for the ghost and mummy figures for my final idea.
Friday, August 17, 2007
For some reason, purples, plums, lavenders, and eggplant, aren't typically the colors I reach for when card making. I like it, so I don't know why this is. So for my Friday entertainment, I've spent some time playing with these colors together and had fun. I hope to use more purples in my future card creating.
Congratulations to my niece, Aubrey, on her engagement to Ryan! They just got engaged and I've made this card for them to celebrate. I'm so excited for the two of them.
- Stamps: Pixie Expressions, "Romance," and Touch of Nature, Background Sampler, Memory of the Heart, All Holidays by SU
- Stamps: Memory of the Heart
- Paper: Always Artichoke, Elegant Eggplant, Kraft
- Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke, Regal Rose
- Accessories: Moss gingham, Rose, Eggplant Ribbon
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Happy birthday, Julie! My friend turned 31 in June, and only recently posted it on her blog, so I'm sending her this belated card. It's similar to the Father's Day card I made for my husband. We made this particular design at my monthly card-making soiree which I host. I liked using the red prefolded note cards from Michael's, sold in packages of 20, in a variety of colors. It matched Stampin' Up's Real Red close enough, since I just had a little bit of red. It's a bit larger than my standard cards, measuring 4.5" x 6.25." Here are a few other details.
- Paper: Confetti Cream, Basic Black, Real Red by SU, The Paper Studio Black & Cream Ornate Leaf from Hobby Lobby, cream and black striped gift wrap, and Simply Paper by Gartner Studios folded cards, size A6, red
- Stamps: Timeworn Trim, Small Sayings, Linen background by SU
- Tools/accessories: Sewing machine stitching, red brads
Thursday, August 9, 2007
Here's a quick birthday card, nothing too exciting.
- Stamps: Delight in Life, Simply Said, Stampabilities-It's Your Day
- Ink: Ruby Red, Cool Caribbean, Chocolate Chip
- Paper: Kraft, Very Vanilla, Ruby Red
- Accessories/tools: ric rac (looks more like turquoise and wished I'd used turquoise ink), blender pen, staples, pop-up dots
Thursday, August 2, 2007
Here's a little "just because" card I made for my husband who is traveling this week and I am missing him. I used the Stampin' Up! pastels with a cotton swab to color the olive image from the Olive You set. The background stamp, Soft Swirls, is with white ink on Real Red SU cardstock. And to further match the image, I used Old Olive cardstock, with Basic Black.