Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Eight months of neglect, seriously?

I admit that I've been tremendously preoccupied lately, but didn't realize how LONG I've been ignoring and neglecting this blog.  I have a really good excuse though!  At a rather advanced maternal age, I got PREGNANT in July and am expecting a baby, for the first time, next month, and I'm so excited.  Let me clarify, my husband and I have three children, all whom were adopted, but this will be my first time to experience giving birth and I'm grateful for this miracle, which is a very nice 25th anniversary gift to us. In the meantime, I'd like to share some pictures of my most recent family Christmas card design.






I love the red and white baker's twine, which I bought at Crate & Barrel.  Here are more details:
  • Stamps: Pennant Parade, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Ink: Real Red, Green Galore
  • Punches: Petite Pennants, 1/8 inch handheld circle punch, handheld rectangle punch
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Green Galore, Real Red, Patterns Pack II Designer Series Prints
The family photo card that we inserted inside the card was created by Tiny Prints and featured our newly adopted 8 year old daughter, whom we brought home from Taiwan--the best souvenir ever!   So we've basically doubled our family size in the last year, and went from two kids, 20 and 14, to FOUR kids (almost).  The baby will be here by March 23 and I hope to continue card creating and blogging.  Happy new year and happy Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

WOW! Congratulations!

sayfuzzypickles said...

Cute card sis. I went to Crate and Barrel now that we have one here in Utah and they don't have that super cute twin any more! :(
I'm glad you are blogging again. I bet once the little bundle of joy is born, we will have to wait another 8 months to get another post! haha! Just kidding.

Melissa said...

Good golly gracious my friend! Congratulations!

Many Blessings,
Melissa

PS - Super cute card too! :o)

Anthonette said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy! That is a blessing.

I didn't notice Crate & Barrel had baker's twine. Cute banners.