Thursday, April 5, 2007

Polka Dots & Paisley

Finally, I'm using some of my Flirty ribbon! I saw this card by cdrhoades on SCS that I wanted to recreate and was blown away by the new technique I learned. A B*I*G thanks to Carrie for answering my "how to" inquiry. For the pretty in pink scalloped strip at the bottom, you start with a strip of cardstock about 1 1/4 inches wide, then use the SLIT PUNCH repeatedly to make the scallop design. Then punch holes using the 1/8" hand held punch for the little dots inside. Mine turned out a bit crooked, but I didn't want to start all over. The next time, I'll pencil in dots in a straight line as my punching guide. I'm planning to keep playing this game of "do as I'm doing" until I have my epiphany for a fabulous original design to share.

5 comments:

Summer Adams said...

Ok, I LOVE paisley! ANd polka dots too. I totally want to make this card. Where did you buy your ribbon?

My Little Hobby said...

For a limited time, SU sold this ribbon package called Flirty, that is gorgeous! I had a narrow rick rack in kind of a light caribbean color, two textures of pink, the brown ruffled, and a turquoise velvet. It was so popular, that I'm hoping they'll introduce it again.

I saw some ruffled ribbon while out shopping the other day but can't remember what color it was.

I'm glad you love this card! I do too!

Heidi said...

There is a large paisley stamp that I want to order from SU soon, I wonder if this is it. V cute card!

My Little Hobby said...

No, this paisley is from the spring mini catalog called polka dots and paisley, a set of six stamps.

My Little Hobby said...

By the way, the set is $17.95 and is available through June 30.