Thursday, September 18, 2008

You're on my mind

Usually when I participate in a card swap, I'm one of the last ones to sign up and it's slim pickin's on what sets are still available. This last time was no exception. I do like the Puns from the Past set, but it wasn't exactly at the top of my list. What I'm trying to say is while I like this cute, whimsical set and had fun with it, I was kind of tired of the small images I had to work with after designing four cards. So for my final submission, I just wanted to make something with a bigger image, and I {sort of} stretched it as deeming the card a feature of Puns from the Past. It did qualify since I used the "fan mail" sentiment, but rather than using the fan image, I chose the larger image is from the same page in the new catalog as the puns set. Does that count? I just love the chandelier in the Grand Soiree set, and since it wasn't part of the sets to choose from in our swap, I decided, what the heck. The new paper (and coordinating ribbon) from Stampin' Up! is called Pacific Point and I like it paired with So Saffron. There are times that I only want one particular sentiment or image from a stamp set, so that's why I decided this was fair game.

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous job...I'm a huge fan of the Grand Soiree set.

Marilyn said...

All your cards are fabulous - thanks for sharing the link to your site - I love it when I find other fellow demos who live close by! I am also in Kathy Rocco's group and participated in this swap - it was a lot of work but tons of fun too and I can't wait to get all the swaps back!! Woohoo!

Jenn Muraoka said...

Hey stranger! I'm glad to see you stampin' and postin' again. Sorry, I haven't been by. I've been so busy. But thanks for leaving me those nice comments! I love the card! And the ribbon treatment! It's amazing! Wonderful job!!! Hugs, Jenn