Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Americana Make a Wish


It's four months until Independence day, but I'm eager to use these colors together, so I couldn't resist. What a fun new stamp set this is going to be...it's my first time to use it.

  • Paper: Brocade Blue, Real Red, Night of Navy, Whisper White
  • Ink: Whisper White, Real Red
  • Stamps: Birthday Whimsey, Spunky Spots Jumbo Wheel, So Many Sayings (Make a Wish)
  • Tools/Accessories: White Embossing Powder (for sentiment), Basic Eyelets, Real Red Striped 1/2-inch Grosgrain Ribbon, Crystal Effects, Glitter, Word Window Punch

If anyone who sees this is good at setting eyelets, I would appreciate your tips. I'm frustrated with all the methods I use, including the Crop-o-dile, Marvy Instant Setter, and using 1/16-inch handheld punch. Also, I realize I made a mess with my Crystal Effects...it came out fast and I didn't have any toothpicks handy, so I have way too much.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I don't have any advice for you because I have trouble with them myself. That's why I use brads instead!

Super cute card though! I love the "Patriotic" colors, but I'm a 4th of July baby so that's kind of a given!

Many Blessings,
M.

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love this....your work is so Amazing.I will be back for sure!!!